Tyvak is transforming access to space by providing end-to-end, cost effective space systems using agile aerospace processes and accelerating on-orbit success. We specialize in spacecraft development, launch services and on-orbit operations to deliver small satellites for critical missions across a variety of applications in LEO, GEO and beyond Earth orbit, and vehicle classes, including nanosatellites and microsatellites.
Tyvak Orbital Networks Ltd, a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated System Engineer, typically with 2 – 5 years of experience in GEO operations.
Terran Orbital is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to commercial and government customers. As a GEO System Engineer, the candidate will support the execution of GEO-related contracts and grow their own experience as the role evolves over time.
There will be an exciting requirement to spend a period of 6 months at our International Headquarters in Turin to be fully inducted into our business.
Please do not apply if you do not have at least 2 years experience of GEO and/or Telecoms in Space.
We do apologise that we will only be able to contact you should we be able to offer you an interview.
You must be eligible to work in Europe and the UK.
Working with the General Manager, specific tasks and responsibilities to evolve and exercise may include:
- Ability to understand Mission requirements and constraints related with Geostationary Missions
- Ability to translate GEO and telecommunication related problems into technical specification for the engineering team
- Support the technical team in execution of mission and system design
- Work closely in a small team environment with hardware, software, mechanical, and systems engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems
- Support system and vehicle-level trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance
- Participate in team discussions involving vehicle architecture and mission/system design
- Be involved in concept of operations development and mission operations architecture
- Supporting active interface with the customer. Support program reviews, both internally and customer-facing.
- Project Management skills and grow ability to lead a team, schedule risks and manage tasks.
- Prepare regular reports on findings and progress to General Manager / CEO
Please do not apply if you do not have GEO experience
Specific requirements include:
- Master’s Degree in a technical field (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or related degree)
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and able to work on their own
- Ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of innovation and effectiveness
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of the Systems Engineering process
- Familiarity with GEO missions and spacecraft and telecom domain applications including 5G
- Experience and understanding of satellites, space sensors and ground systems used for GEO space assets – highly desirable
- Understanding of NewSpace environment and Micro-Nano-Pico Satellite ecosystem is highly desirable
- Fluent English (oral and written) is mandatory
Tyvak technical team is one of the most experienced small satellite groups in the industry with unique experience and capabilities in the development of nanosatellite missions and advanced technologies. Salary and benefits are market competitive. Position expected to be filled as soon as possible.