Terran Orbital is a leading worldwide provider of nanosatellite and microsatellite vehicles, services, and solutions to commercial and government customers.
Tyvak Orbital Networks Ltd, a Terran Orbital company, is seeking a motivated Junior System Engineer, typically with 1 – 2 years experience in the Industry.
As a System Engineer, the successful candidate will be very hands on in delivery of some exciting projects and shape and grow their own experience as the role evolves over time.
The role is most likely to be based at Harwell. There will be an exciting requirement to spend a period of 6 months at our International Headquarters in Turin to be fully inducted into our business.
Please do not apply if you do not have 2+ years experience in a Space related sector
We do apologise that we will only be able to contact you should we be able to offer you an interview.
You must be eligible to work in Europe and the UK.
Working with the General Manager and a team to be grown over the next few months, specific tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Work closely in a small team environment with hardware, software, mechanical, and systems engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems
- Perform system and vehicle-level trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance
- Lead team discussions involving vehicle architecture and design
- Contribute towards continuous technology and process improvement.
- Lead concept of operations development and mission operations plans;
- Support assembly, integration, and test (AI&T) activities including generation of build and test plans/procedures;
- Support the preparation of technical & management proposals for institutional and commercial bids.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in a technical field (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace or related degree)
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and able to work on their own
- Ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of innovation and effectiveness
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to lead (or learn how to lead) and motivate project teams to ensure program success
- Basic understanding of the Systems Engineering process
- Familiarity with spacecraft and launch vehicle systems
- Experience and understanding of satellites, space sensors and ground systems used for space assets – highly desirable
- Understanding of NewSpace environment and Micro-Nano-Pico Satellite ecosystem is highly desirable
- Fluent English (oral and written) is mandatory
Tyvak Orbital Networks Ltd is a sister company to Tyvak International (Torino) and Tyvak Nano Satellites (Irvine, California). We are building the business from the bottom up, so you join us at an exciting stage in our development. An excellent package will be available to the right candidate.