We are seeking a dynamic, motivated candidate with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, with proven experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams and successfully managing complex military programs.
In this Program Manager role you will report to the Program Director for Airborne Systems & Services. You will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of this challenging and exciting program.
- Fulfill; the leadership role to focus, organize and deliver program objectives
- Manage the project’s schedule, financial and programmatic goals
- Ensure the program’s compliance with regulatory requirements including security, certification and export licenses
- Oversee the successful delivery of all support services.
- Actively maintain the risk register.
- Prepare internal and external monthly Project Progress and Status Reporting
- University Degree, post-graduate course work desired; formal management training considered an asset (e.g. MBA, PMI); further education courses desirable (e.g. business development, contracts, negotiation)
- Ideally 10+ years of management experience in a technical military program
- Ideally have experience managing projects in excess of $10M and with major subcontractors.
- Knowledge of project and risk management techniques and tools
- A sound understanding of how the Canadian Forces perform operational deployments.
- You are known for your exceptional leadership skills and problem solving abilities.
Eligibility to obtain a security clearance is required for this position.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with growth and learning opportunities.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.