ULA is harnessing the potential of space for humanity. We are dreamers inspired by possibilities not yet imagined, believers driven to broaden horizons, and doers combining technology, innovation, expertise, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 130 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you’ll be doing
Product Manager (Internal Focused)
The internal focused Product Manager’s primary responsibility is to support the Business Manager and key stakeholders with product definition and integration to meet internal and external customer requirements. This responsibility extends to all Government and Commercial Program’s flight software (G&CP FSW) development and includes both development of the flight software as well as emulators used to thoroughly test the software (KITE). Currently, there are two Product Managers to support G&CP FSW activities: the externally focused Product Manager and the internal focused Product Manager. The external focused Product Manager concentrates on external customers and ULA technologies outside of G&CP FSW. The internal focused Product Manager works closely with the external focused Product Manager to define/document customer requirements, solution program needs, prioritize work, and create and monitor schedules/task completion. Specifically, the responsibilities of the internal focused Product Manager fall into three main areas:
- Get it built – Product Managers collaborate with the Certified Responsible Engineer (CRE) and agile teams to build the required functionality. Product management is responsible for ensuring that agile teams are creating an integrated product that meet customer’s technical and schedule needs. This is achieved through understanding customer requirements, developing a solid system understanding of ULA products, and working closely with key stakeholders.
- Get it deployed – Internally, Product Managers collaborate with the team to ensure solutions are deployed to customers on time and on budget. The Product Management is an active participant in biweekly System Demos, including the aggregate one at the end of the Program Increment (Incremental Critical Design Review). The Product Manager supports the CRE with formal qualification testing activities include test definition, test execution management and software verification activities.
- Drive Value – Products and solutions must meet the business goals established by the program. The internal focused Product Manager is a key interface to the G&CP FSW Manager (who is also the Business Manager), keeping the manager informed of development operations, identifying risks, and escalating issues/help needed. The Internal Product Manager helps to integrate detailed development activities with the overall program schedule to ensure key milestones are met and work scope is accurately forecasted. This includes building and tracking key metrics to assess program performance.
Your Background: What education and experience you’ll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 6-10 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 6+ years of technical skills demonstrating escalating responsibilities
- Technical background and familiarity with all stages of the software development lifecycle◦
- Experience with one or more of the following languages:
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of successfully managing large/complex technical projects
- Understanding of agile development practices
- Comfortable with all aspects of project management including administration of budget, schedule, and spending forecast
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to derive technical requirements from functional requirements
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and evolving priorities
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Bonus potential
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Additionally, most salaried ULA team members work a “9/80 schedule,” meaning they enjoy every other Friday off.
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!