ULA is harnessing the potential of space for humanity. We are dreamers inspired by possibilities not yet imagined, believers driven to broaden horizons, and doers combining technology, innovation, expertise, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 130 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you’ll be doing
- This engineering function provides engineering design, systems integration, product technical support, anomaly resolution, and launch support for the as the Vulcan Hydraulics CRE.
- Develops system and component designs and requirements to satisfy overall propulsion systems requirements. Must have the capability to perform system integration and perform system level trade studies to optimize designs for manufacturing, producibility and performance.
- Provides direct support to the design team, suppliers, the factory, and the launch site to ensure production schedules are met, resolve anomalies and streamline operations to improve efficiency.
- When anomalies occur, provides causal analysis that leads to effective resolution and corrective actions that prevent recurrence.
- Reviews the as-built product (hardware and associated software) and product test data to certify that the final product configuration and performance meets requirements and is ready for test and/or flight. Develops design improvements that reduce cost and risk and/or improve vehicle performance.
Your Background: What education and experience you’ll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 4 – 8 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you’ll need
- Knowledge and experience with hydraulic systems and design
- Knowledge and experience in propulsion engineering design, propulsion analysis, and propulsion testing; and related tools
- Strong communication skills
- Experience conducting trade studies and defining program requirements
- Familiarity and background with recurring launch system processes
- Experience with project management
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Bonus potential
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Additionally, most salaried ULA team members work a “9/80 schedule,” meaning they enjoy every other Friday off.
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!