Lúnasa Space is a UK-based space-tech start-up with a mission to accelerate sustainable, reliable, and affordable in-space logistics and infrastructure.
Lúnasa Space is a UK-based space-tech start-up with a mission to accelerate sustainable, reliable, and affordable in-space logistics and infrastructure. The company is developing an innovative, dual-stage, and reusable in-space satellite servicing vehicle to provide very affordable access to space for SmallSats through rideshare and last-mile transportation, and ultimately services such as active debris removal, End-of-Life services, life extension, and advanced payload inspection in Earth orbits and beyond.
With a team of over 40 years of developing space technology experience, Lúnasa intends to de-risk its intelligent visual-based guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) system for rendezvous proximity operations and docking (RPOD) on-orbit by early 2024.
Lúnasa is seeking a Bid Manager who will own the end-to-end bid management process, from documentation receipt to timely delivery, both for the UK and European grant applications. The successful candidate will be responsible to identify bid opportunities together with the commercial team, manage strategy meeting, drive the bid coordination and administration, write content, coordinate stakeholders’ input and manage the proposal development schedule and timeline to ensure successful, high-quality delivery of client-ready documents.
- Identify institutional grants & programs and manage the application process, both in the UK and Europe.
- Manage the end-to-end coordination of complex bids, including assembling a bid team, deciding on biding opportunities, proposal timelines, win strategy development, financials preparation and writing proposal responses.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Lúnasa’s technologies and services, business strategies and competition.
- Prepare compelling content, highlighting key differentiators and coordinating experts input.
- Contribute to proposal database repository including frequently asked questions, templates and examples.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the space industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Bid Manager for grant applications.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, follow-up, and resolution.
- Excellent time and project management skills, with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both as written and spoken.
- Previous Business Development experience.
- Working experience in a space startup.
- Managed complex bids for space agencies or European institutions.
- Exposure to both established and NewSpace organisations.
- Passionate about space sustainability.