Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices. The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices.
Are you a highly motivated and talented Test Engineer or Technical Artist with an interest in Graphics?
You will work alongside core Unity Graphics Programmers to ensure the functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a primary tool and runtime platform for users and influence the quality culture along the way.
You will get access to new, often unannounced features and are responsible for ensuring their quality. This naturally includes testing if all the basic functionality works, but also extends to figuring out if the feature does what you expect it to do (including workflows and usability) and creating more elaborate scenarios, usually representing real-life usage. You will get to create code, art, and produce scenes during this process utilizing all of your skills, with the complete creative freedom to approach this.
Your graphics test engineer team colleagues will be test engineers and technical artists, which will allow you to share knowledge, communicate, and improve with people who possess a variety of skills relevant to game development and testing.
This role is part of the Graphics Foundation Team that works with core render functionality of Unity (render pipelines, renderers, meshes, shaders, virtual texturing, etc.).
- To provide feedback about the state of the Unity product in order to support the development and inform development decisions
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback on new features, their functionality and usability
- Create sample projects and targeted demos to emulate real-world usage of new features
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
- Work with your development team to optimize development processes and improve the quality culture
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house, provide assistance and advice
- Experience working with, or extensive knowledge of, game graphics
- Comfortable writing in C#
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive attitude
- Great problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience using Unity
- Work experience as a tester
- Working shader knowledge, or experience using node-based shader editors
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.