The leading platform for creating interactive, real-time content
Unity Korea is looking for a Technical artist to join our Professional Services team based in Seoul, Korea. We are looking for someone who will be proficient in assisting customers with adopting Unity as their engine of choice by helping them to adapt their workflows and transition their content pipelines to hit their visual targets. By collaborating with Unity’s Professional Services team and strategic customers, your day-to-day work will interact directly with a customer’s technical and artistic leaders, researching and delivering solutions to their content-related challenges, and developing tools to translate content into the Unity Engine.
What you’ll be doing
- Build or modify shaders to demonstrate techniques for achieving customers’ visual targets in Unity (Shader Graph)
- Build example assets and projects to illustrate solutions and standard methodologies
- Efficiently seek problems, communicate, and educate our customers, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Educate and assist customers as they ramp up on using Unity’s Engine
- Develop and innovative new ways to translate content into Unity’s Engine while preserving visual quality and application performance
What we’re looking for
- Experience writing shaders for real-time rendering
- Professional experience working in real-time game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine, or custom) and handling big projects from end to end
- Basic understanding of scripting languages
- Experience crafting pipeline tools for Autodesk Maya or 3D Studio MAX
You might also have
- You have experience working with node-based shaders.
- Strong background in creating visual content for multiple real-time game engines, particles or other VFX
- Able to communicate optimally in written and spoken English
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.