UP42 is changing the way geospatial data is accessed and analyzed. The developer platform and marketplace bring together multiple sources of data such as satellite imagery, weather data, and more—with algorithms to identify objects, detect change, and find patterns. Industry leaders use UP42 to inform business decisions and build scalable customer solutions.
UP42 is changing the way geospatial data is accessed and analyzed. Our developer platform and marketplace bring together multiple sources of data such as satellite imagery, weather data, and more—with algorithms to identify objects, detect change, and find patterns. Industry leaders use UP42 to inform business decisions and build scalable customer solutions.
We are looking for a (Senior) QA Automation Engineer (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin and take responsibility for automation and end-to-end testing, as well as other QA processes.
About the role:
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using modern toolsets (our tech stack is TypeScript + Mocha, Cypress and CircleCI)
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate test activities
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test documentation
- Define and implement new testing strategies, as well as support and drive testing efforts holistically across the engineering teams
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Communicate with internal teams across functions to identify system requirements
- Set up and rigorously monitor key metrics via automated tools and dashboards (i.e. Allure TestOps)
- Implement clear quality goals and guidelines for existing systems and plan accordingly for new developments
- Several years of experience in software development and quality assurance with proven track record
- Deep understanding of quality assurance methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in building comprehensive test plans based on clear system requirements (i.e. frontend, API, data processing)
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools (i.e. Selenium, Cypress)
- Experience setting up automated test execution using CI/CD tools (i.e. Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Fluency in English is a must
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Hybrid and flexible working model – you can choose when to work from the comfort of your home or join your colleagues in our modern office in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role – we would still like to consider your application.