UP42 is changing the way geospatial data is accessed and analyzed. The developer platform and marketplace bring together multiple sources of data such as satellite imagery, weather data, and more—with algorithms to identify objects, detect change, and find patterns. Industry leaders use UP42 to inform business decisions and build scalable customer solutions.
We are looking for a Staff / Principal Frontend Engineer (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
Team composition and set up (our teams are arranged across core pillars/verticals):
– Core Platform vertical – designed to focus on the fundamental platform that everything else is built upon. It includes components such as accounts & organisations, authentication, payments, as well as the core experience which is owning all of the first customer touch-points.
– Data Platform vertical – focused on our ability to manage and provide data to our customers. It includes discovery, search-ability, price estimation, ordering, tasking, and internal operations.
– Analytics Platform vertical – this vertical is focused on two distinct parts. The core analytics platform that enables our customers to generate insights from data at a large scale, given custom and marketplace algorithms. And the ability to integrate UP42’s technology into the geospatial ecosystem.
About the role:
- Take responsibility for supervising and overseeing technical aspects of design and frontend architecture across one of our product verticals
- Plan engineering strategies including the product roadmap while prioritizing technical backlog for the product team
- Define goals and OKRs and create implementation plans together with Product and Engineering Managers
- Define and promote best practices for software architecture, design, code quality and delivery, as well as provide expert advice to other engineers across different teams
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, as well as work on topics that span multiple teams and influence all company (like component library or micro frontend)
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Drive and manage cross product area initiatives, from quarterly dependency management to large multi-quarter projects
- Several years of experience in software design and development, preferably in a web-service environment
- Experience working in a similar position of Staff/Principal Frontend Engineer
- Strong experience in every stage of the software development life-cycle from product ideation to production maintenance
- Experience contributing with a strong leadership for building the right processes, defining frameworks and best practices for the teams, including mentoring engineers on how to build quality software at scale
- Solid understanding of design and implementation of mission-critical distributed systems
- Understanding of one or more of the following libraries and frameworks such as ReactJS, VueJS, NodeJS, Docker is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong business and product acumen
- Experience in the geospatial industry is a plus
- Fluency in English is a must
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Hybrid and flexible working model – you can choose when to work from the comfort of your home or join your colleagues in our modern office in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other perks such as yoga lessons, Headspace subscription, public transportation discount, German classes, discounted Urban Sports Club membership, and counseling support.
- Regular team events, team updates and get-togethers
- Development budget: we help you grow as you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role – we would still like to consider your application.