The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team that will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are an intrinsically motivated team that has a passion for solving problems and empowering each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Ursa is looking for a highly-skilled Quality Assurance Inspector to support our rocket engine products. The candidate must be capable of thriving in an energetic, highly interactive organization where balancing support requests from various teams is required. The QA Inspector will start by performing incoming inspection of high-tolerance aerospace hardware using dimensional inspection systems and/or hand tools. The final role and the employee’s seniority will be determined by the candidates’ skills, qualifications, experience and ambitions.
The candidate should be comfortable using Microsoft Office products, using modern ERP systems, data entry into various databases, and have demonstrated ability to process tasks assigned in a digital workplace.
Working conditions is in a metrology lab environment with support on the manufacturing floor as needed. The candidate must be physically capable of moving parts up to 40 lbs. and standing for intermittent durations during the workday while performing some inspections.
The Inspector will be a member of the Quality Assurance Team.
Primary Responsibilities & Required Skills
- Inspection of tight-tolerance mechanical parts and assemblies using software-driven CMM, Faro or Romer Arms and/or video measurement equipment
- Detailed inspection of hardware using hand tools, including calipers, micrometers and other measurement devices. This will be the primary responsibility of the job
- Electrical inspections using multimeters for continuity, resistance, or inductance
- Experience completing AS9102 First Article Inspection reports
- GD&T and technical drawing comprehension
- Measurement data input into inspection records, either by DRO or manual entry
- Creation of Discrepancy Reports as required
- MRB inventory management and proper disposition
Secondary Responsibilities & Desired Skills
- General inspection area work, organization and 6S
- Ability to develop programs for computerized or digitally controlled inspection equipment.
- Quality Assurance database experience – set-up, maintenance and use
- Measurement data utilization and database creation and/or management (SPC in Minitab or other statistical software)
- Background and experience in the Aerospace or Space industry
- ASQ Certified Quality Inspector or Certified Quality Technician is preferred
- Unlimited PTO – Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan – Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace