Blur the line between air and space
The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major Technologies was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
In this role you will be responsible for developing firmware to interface measurement and control hardware to control software. You will lead development efforts and create processes for verification and qualification. FPGA’s will interface with measurement devices such and ADC’s, Current Amplifiers, and specialized serial devices. FPGA’s will be responsible for driving PWM, digital, and serial outputs to actuate valves, BLDC motors, and send data to other subsystems. A good understanding of SERDES communication and data transfer will be needed to move I/O data through the avionics subsystems. You will work closely with the rest of the avionics team to find ways to leverage the performance of an FPGA to simplify or offload software tasks. You will help us define and implement our verification strategy using best practices and customer inputs.
- Definition and design of FPGA firmware for measurement and control.
- Create memory mapped I/O through the usage of AHB and APB busses
- Will lead efforts to create verification and qualification plans to demonstrate designs are ready for flight applications
- Work with hardware engineers to bring up new circuit cards and test interface performance.
- Support circuit cards through entire life cycle: Concept, Development, Qualification, Production, Field support.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related field with a digital, mixed signal design focus.
- 5+ years System Verilog or VHDL experience
- 5+ years proven FPGA design and/or verification experience
- 5+ years C, C++, Python programming experience
- Demonstrated ability to design and deploy FPGA solutions for aerospace flight hardware.
- Experience developing high-reliability, safety-critical FPGA solutions in highly integrated electronic systems
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal team skills
- Graduate degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related field with a digital architecture focus
- Experience with Microsemi Smartfusion2 or Igloo2 product lines.
- Familiarity with DO-254 and/or other development assurance guidelines
- Exposure to fault-tolerant, high-reliability, safety-critical, robust, radiation-tolerant FPGA-based solution development for space-based avionics systems
- Experience with Rs-422, LVDS, SpaceWire, or other common space communication standards
- Unlimited PTO – Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan – Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options