The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major Technologies was founded to bring a new model to space access: one in which every link in an enormous value chain isn’t limited by those around it. We design rocket engines and propulsion solutions.
Our products and technologies require an extraordinary team. A team who will mold tomorrow’s technologies while deploying today’s best. We are comprised of intrinsically motivated individuals who have a passion for solving problems and empower each other every day to develop our skills, knowing that there is always room for growth.
Our team moves fast and does a lot with little. You will oversee new engine development testing and troubleshooting, and ongoing product development aimed at performance or reliability improvements. You will make design modifications to components to meet performance requirements and other customer needs. You will serve as the backbone of the test and iteration cycle which brings rocket engines alive. You need to be a self-starter, good at designing and executing a variety of rocket component and engine-level tests, and analyzing data to make decisions. Hands-on experience is required. You will report into the technical organization of Ursa Major.
- You will be responsible for component, subassembly, and engine hardware development from concept and requirements definition through testing, including detailed design and analysis
- You will review data from test and flight campaigns to support engine and component performance analysis and improvement
- You will design and fabricate fluid systems.
- You will generate and track test objectives to support engine test campaigns
- You will troubleshoot engine and component hardware issues, develop solutions, and work with manufacturing, production, and other disciplines for implementation
- You will prepare detailed mechanical designs for component upgrades to meet performance requirements
- You will write detailed technical reports, design reviews, and test plans for internal and customer use.
- BS or greater in an engineering field (Aerospace or Mechanical preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with hardware development or testing
- Fluid system schematic familiarity
- Familiarity with valve, turbopump, or combustion device design and testing
- Unlimited PTO – Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; STD; Life and AD&D
- Retirement Savings Plan – Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $80,000 – $135,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy. Click here for more information about our awesome benefits.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.