The journey to space starts with the engines.
Ursa Major’s teams thrive in a fast-paced environment, consistently delivering remarkable outcomes even with limited direction. We are seeking a skilled and curious individual to join our solid rocket propulsion development efforts, where you will play a key role in the technical organization.
This role will provide clear technical guidance to a highly motivated and agile team pursuing innovative solid fuel propulsion concepts and developing solid rocket motors for a variety of applications. This role would be multi-faceted and largely self-directed. Responsibilities include driving the development design concepts, guiding trade studies, and working across disciplines to build out the capability to manufacture high rate of production SRM propulsion solutions across a wide range of applications and sizes.
- Leadership & direction of a focused technical team, and may include direct reports over time.
- Direction of internal design efforts across fields of propellant ballistics and mechanical design.
- Development of test infrastructure, test plans, and safety procedures for SRM development activities.
- Development & guidance of LRIP thru production-level facility layouts and facility hardware procurement.
- SRM hardware and chemical supply chain development alongside Ursa’s supply chain team.
- Lead technical interaction with prospective customers and responding to requests for proposals and information.
- 20-25% travel required.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- 7+ years of relevant experience with demonstrated proficiency in Solid Rocket Motor design
- Relevant experience developing and executing SRM test plans
- Strong Understanding of SRM industry standards and requirements.
- Experience leading design reviews to communicate design decisions and trades
- Desire to take ownership and build a new product architecture
- 10+ Years of solid rocket motor design
- Experience in ballistic modeling, nozzle analysis
- Some skill related to ignition systems design
- Security clearance
- Experience leading technical teams of engineers
- Unlimited PTO – Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement
- Paid maternity/paternity/adoptive leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Tax Advantage Accounts (HSA/FSA); Employer Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic Life, AD&D and EAP Program; Additional Benefit Options Including Voluntary Life, Emergency Medical Transport and Pet Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Traditional 401(k) and a Roth 401(k)
- Company stock options
Colorado law requires us to tell you the base compensation range of this role, which is $100,000 – $175,000, determined by your education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The salary range for this role is intentionally wide as we are evaluating individuals based on their unique experience and abilities to fit our needs. Most importantly, we are excited to meet you, and see if you are a great fit for our team. What we can’t quantify for you are the exciting challenges, supportive team, and amazing culture we enjoy