We are a satellite imaging company developing world-first technologies in data services, geoanalytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. The insights we provide allow customers in multiple industries to track long-term trends, monitor change, and take guided, strategic actions to better serve their customers and fulfill their missions.
From developing cloud native front-end/back-end systems and infrastructure capable of handling massive amount of data to developing computationally intensive image/calibration processing algorithms to the development portfolio at UrtheCast is extensive and challenging. Our Software Engineers work as a highly collaborative team in an agile based iterative development environment and are driven to revolutionize Earth Observation through innovation, problem solving, growth and ownership.
UrtheCast is looking for qualified Intermediate DevOps Engineers (DevOps) to join our crew. Do you want to work in the space industry and build software systems and cloud infrastructure for large scale satellite data? We want to hear from you! Check out the details below. Space geeks are always encouraged to apply!
The DevOps Engineer will have overall responsibility for designing, developing, deploying and operating cloud based infrastructural components in AWS powering UrtheCast’s Software Engineering team’s development, CICD and DevOps process as well as the development and operation of internal system/services and UrtheCast’s Ground Segment that supports our EO Sensors (present and future).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Define, design, implement, test, debug, deploy and evolve UrtheCast’s cloud based infrastructural systems, services and software capabilities
- Conduct and participate in technical and interface discussions, design reviews, code reviews and feature verifications with other team members. Monitor, triage and fix bugs in services with active stakeholders.
- Participate in sprint planning, sprint closure, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, and product roadmap planning.
- Define, communicate, educate and empower other software engineers on the best practices and guidelines on interfacing with the operational cloud based infrastructural systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Masters degree in SW Engineering, CSc., EE or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience in DevOps role with proven track record of delivering robust solutions for mission critical projects and influencing a solid DevOps culture
- 3+ years of experience developing and operating distributed software systems/services deployed within AWS or equivalent cloud provider
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- AWS Certifications
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous development (CICD)
- Experience with Agile software development and SCRUM processes
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent knowledge of AWS, Linux, Git, Infrastructure as Code, Chef,
- Excellent skills in at least one programming language (e.g Python, C++)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Working knowledge in CICD, Configuration Management, Scalable and Cost Effective Cloud Infrastructure Architecture concepts
- Working knowledge of Python, Docker, ECS/EKS, lambda and microservice, serverless design paradigm
Fast paced, open concept, production critical and constantly evolving. Software Engineers work in an agile based iterative development environment that practices and embraces DevOps principles. They contribute in a fully automated CICD software development pipeline that delivers cloud native infrastructure and software systems to a cloud-based production environment. May require occasional overtime and travel.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities
- Great work environment, team and office location right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre
- Company subsidized lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours