We are a satellite imaging company developing world-first technologies in data services, geoanalytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. The insights we provide allow customers in multiple industries to track long-term trends, monitor change, and take guided, strategic actions to better serve their customers and fulfill their missions.
From developing cloud native front-end/back-end systems and infrastructure capable of handling massive amount of data to developing computationally intensive image/calibration processing algorithms to the development portfolio at UrtheCast is extensive and challenging. Our Software Engineers work as a highly collaborative team in an agile based iterative development environment and are driven to revolutionize Earth Observation through innovation, problem solving, growth and ownership.
UrtheCast is looking for qualified Intermediate DevOps Engineers (Full Stack) to join our crew. Do you want to work in the space industry and build software systems and cloud infrastructure for large scale satellite data? We want to hear from you! Check out the details below. Space geeks are always encouraged to apply!
The Intermediate Software Engineer (Full Stack) will have overall responsibility for designing, developing, deploying and operating highly scalable and cost effective cloud native transactional data management systems in AWS powering UrtheCast’s Software Engineering team’s development, CICD and DevOps process as well as the development and operation of internal system/services and UrtheCast’s Ground Segment that supports our EO Sensors (present and future).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Define, design, implement, test, debug, deploy and evolve UrtheCast’s transactional data management systems, services and software/infrastructure capabilities
- Conduct and participate in technical and interface discussions, design reviews, code reviews and feature verifications with other team members. Monitor, triage and fix bugs in services with active stakeholders.
- Participate in sprint planning, sprint closure, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, and product roadmap planning.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience in software engineering with proven track record of delivering API driven transactional based system for mission critical projects
- Experience developing and debugging complex systems with interfaces and requirements
- Experience working within an Agile software development framework and SCRUM processes
- AWS certification
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous development (CICD)
- Experience with developing software within a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent knowledge in at least one high level programming language (e.g., Java, C++, Python, etc)
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS and/or NoSQL database technologies
- Excellent knowledge in API development
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent object-oriented and test-driven design skills
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Working knowledge of AWS or other cloud services
- Working knowledge in CICD, Configuration Management, Scalable and Cost Effective Cloud Infrastructure Architecture concepts
- Working knowledge of Python, Docker, ECS/EKS, lambda and microservice, serverless design paradigm
- Working knowledge of geospatial concepts (including geospatial enabled databases)
- Working knowledge of user interface development
- Working knowledge of software systems architecture and patterns
Fast paced, open concept, production critical and constantly evolving. Software Engineers work in an agile based iterative development environment that practices and embraces DevOps principles. They contribute in a fully automated CICD software development pipeline that delivers cloud native infrastructure and software systems to a cloud-based production environment. May require occasional overtime and travel.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities
- Great work environment, team and office location right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre
- Company subsidized lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours