We are a satellite imaging company developing world-first technologies in data services, geoanalytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence. The insights we provide allow customers in multiple industries to track long-term trends, monitor change, and take guided, strategic actions to better serve their customers and fulfill their missions.
GEOSYS is a world leader in supporting agricultural businesses for 30 years, with decision support tools that make use of the latest research in agronomics, information technologies and in particular remote sensing. Decision support tools range from worldwide risk management and supply monitoring of Ag commodities to field operations decision support to help make precision farming decisions. GEOSYS also develops customized business solutions dedicated to international agricultural companies.
To access to customers, globally, GEOSYS has sales and marketing in North America (Maple Grove, MN, USA), Europe (Lausanne, Switzerland, and Moscow, Russia), Australia (Melbourne) and Brazil (Campinas, SP). Technical teams are mainly in Toulouse, France.
GEOSYS joined Urthecast in 2019, which gives unique opportunity to be leveraged in North America and other markets.
GEOSYS has ambitious growth plans to be realized within the next 3 years globally
Main Job Tasks and Responsabilities :
GEOSYS looks for a Senior Data Scientist to reinforce its Data Science Team.
You will be the lead on Artificial Intelligence (AI) applied to remote sensing. Handling the development of POCs and pilots, you will define/test/validate and specify appropriate algorithms and models aiming for an operational use in our processing chains. You will set up solutions for innovative projects needing strong skills in data analysis and machine learning, in particular on large volumes of data. You will establish collaborations with international teams and follow-up on research progress related to active scientific monitoring.
Your tasks will be to:
- Understand customer challenges and translate them into scientific problems
- Create and implement models based on deep learning approach to extract relevant information from large volumes of data
- Feed new ideas in the Innovation Pipeline
- Apply project management skills to research subjects in order to control the scope and timing, and produce quality reports
- Work with our international teams (more than 6 nationalities)
- Write scientific supports rendering results, use conditions, and arguing the implemented solution in a
- Be a support to Data Science, Products, Data and Sales teams on ideation phases or feasibility study
- Be a support to IT teams on specification and validation phases
Education, Knowledge and Abilities:
- PhD or a 5 year degree in remote sensing plus AI or statistics/mathematics
- At least 10 years of professional experience, with at least one experience in AI applied to remote sensing
- Demonstrated expertise in implementation of solutions involving deep learning, ideally under framework Tensorflow
- Expertise in signal and image treatment
- Mastery of Python and R languages + Linux environment
- Knowledge in SIG (QGIS)
- Fluent in English and French (oral and written): English is the work language for the company, and the job is based in France
- Permanent, full time job to start as soon as possible.
- Job based in Balma, suburbs of Toulouse, France.
- If you are looking for a professional environment offering real opportunities to express your talent, join us!
- Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference “Data Scientist/DATA SCIENCE/06-2019”
Benefits of joining GEOSYS:
- A mid-sized company with various evolution opportunities with a young, dynamic team driven by innovation and thriving in agricultural challenges. Join the adventure! More information on http://www.geosys.com