Valeo is an automotive supplier and partner to automakers worldwide. As a technology company, we design innovative solutions for smart mobility, with a particular focus on intuitive driving and reducing CO2 emissions. The Group also provides and distributes spare parts for automakers and independent aftermarket operators.
The Test Automation engineer is part of the Valeo Services Smart Shared Service Center and will have a key role in leading the creation and execution of test plans (Gherkin, BDD, automation …) for all the digital projects such as Websites, Mobile App and Web services.
The functional and technical aspect of the position will allow the candidate to participate in the QA cycle from A to Z.
The candidate will collaborate with other developers working in an Agile environment to implement Valeo Service Digital Strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the Digital ecosystem (websites, mobile, REST API), knowledge in development to automate things, and cybersecurity knowledges to build robust and secured solutions
Our team is small, friendly and personable. You should expect to not only contribute to work that actually matters but that is critical to the strategic direction of the company and growth of the brand. Our company celebrates fresh ideas and welcomes contributions and questions.
The Test Automation engineer will be responsible for championing the quality of our digital projects.
This will be a technical, hands-on role where you’ll be asked to implement and execute tests plans with autonomy, improve overall QA knowledge of the technical team and share technical trends and best practices. You will also help define the direction and drive accountability for quality.
- Designing, coding and documenting automated test cases to ensure the quality of our product.
- Perform a qualitative analysis of our automated functional test to ensure that coverage is sufficient
- Analyzing existing systems to find areas for improvement.
- Specifying, designing, implementing and testing automation framework
- Define best practices for test automation and work with teams to ensure their work aligns with best practices
- Monitor product quality health metrics on a daily basis and work with managers to drive ongoing improvements in product quality
- Monitor the ongoing health of our test automation, ensure that tests run reliably, with good performance
- Define automation strategy for regression, release, etc.
- Define and implement a process that ensures appropriate test cases are defined for all new features and that test suites are updated for all new features.
- Evaluate new test tools and strategies and make recommendations to the team
- Drive initiatives that improve service quality and resiliency
The Test Automation engineer will provide weekly status updates to the management team on overall product quality and health. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to drive results across multiple teams.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a computer science-related field or equivalent relevant experience
The candidates should have from 3 to 5 years of experience at a similar position, with most of these qualities:
- Experience working with automation testing frameworks (Cucumber, Behat, Jest, Robot) and developing testing scripts
- Hands-on experience in writing UI automation
- Fluency with web debugging and profiling tools (Chrome DevTools, Firefox Developer Tools, etc)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and writing API tests
- Comfortable writing detailed test plans and manual testing as a necessary step to effective automation tests
- Functional Frontend/Backend testing experience required across multiple platforms – Web App, Mobile App, MicroServices
- Experience with Selenium, Postman dev experience
- Experience with Git
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology and how QA functions within it
It would be great if the candidate has a few of these qualities, too:
- Concepts and Linux administration basic commands
- Experience in Kubernetes, docker or any container technology would be a plus
- Experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems with CI/CD tools
- Preference given to Quality Assurance certification (Certified in ISTQB Foundation, Certified in ISTQB Agile Tester)
Proven skills in English; French is a plus