Let's build together.
At Valispace we are developing a software where engineering teams can do calculations and analyses when building rockets, airplanes, satellites, cars and other complex hardware as well as track the evolution of their design over time. We have one simple mission: to empower engineers to faster craft the complex products that help propel humanity forward.
We are a diverse, kind, curious and ambitious team and take pride in working closely with companies that are building futuristic ideas that seem like magic to us today. That’s right, our users are taking people to space, building flying cars and much more!
If you like the idea of working in an environment that encourages creative and autonomous work, focuses on your growth potential and where there’s always room to discuss the quirks of living on this planet, then we might just be a perfect fit.
We are looking for a DevOps Support Engineer to join our team that will help us to maintain, support and build our infrastructure and servers. You will be mainly focusing on our customers’ on-premise servers, but also on AWS and other cloud providers.
About the role 🚀
- Design, develop and implement tooling and processes to automate infrastructure provisioning and to install tools and requirements for on-premise deployments;
- Debugging and troubleshooting reliability and performance issues between software and infrastructure.
- Develop and update scripts for automating installations, backups and updates of Valispace on-premise deployments;
- Guarantee scaling and performance of our systems;
- Deploy, configure and improve log collection and systems monitoring;
- Deploy and install Valispace on our customers’ infrastructure;
- Provide technical support to our customers and their IT teams.
What we’re looking for 🔎
- Previous experience (2+ years) as a Technical Support Engineer or in a similar role;
- Experience with containerization (Docker and/or Kubernetes);
- Experience in Linux Bash scripts;
- Knowledge in the following stack is a plus: PostgreSQL, Redis, Nginx, Python;
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing IT operations best practices, including security, storage, data protection and disaster recovery protocols;
- Strong troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities;
- Strong English communication skills (written and spoken);
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand.
Compensation, benefits and perks 🎉
- Salary range: 40k – 55k
- Comprehensive health insurance;
- Employee stock options plan;
- Generous Learning & Development budget and training days;
- Remote-friendly (you can work from home or from our cool office in Lisbon – you choose!)
- Home-office budget & a Commuting budget (for the office lovers!)
- (Fun) team buildings and our very own Valispace annual retreat!