Let's build together.
At Valispace we are developing a software where engineering teams can do calculations and analyses when building rockets, airplanes, satellites, cars and other complex hardware as well as track the evolution of their design over time. We have one simple mission: to empower engineers to faster craft the complex products that help propel humanity forward.
We are a diverse, kind, curious and ambitious team and take pride in working closely with companies that are building futuristic ideas that seem like magic to us today. That’s right, our users are taking people to space, building flying cars and much more!
If you like the idea of working in an environment that encourages creative and autonomous work, focuses on your growth potential and where there’s always room to discuss the quirks of living on this planet, then we might just be a perfect fit.
We are looking for a Mid Full-stack Developer to help us with the development of a system that supports decision making by managing, digesting and presenting the right data at the right time for our users. You will be building a solution for the challenges engineers face when developing modular hardware.
About the role 🚀
- Your squad will have clear goals and, together with your team, you’ll have the freedom to define the path and features to achieve them;
- Contribute to set the backend engineering direction of our product;
- Collaborate with the different teams and squads to improve our application’s overall architecture and lifecycle
- Strive for usage simplicity and good performance of our services, identify areas for improvement, find and discuss possible solutions;
- We count on you to learn from and mentor fellow team members, contributing to our knowledge sharing culture.
What we’re looking for 🔎
- 3-5 years of experience in developing scalable cloud-base software, microservices and/or event-driven architectures;
- Ability to execute small and medium tasks by being only assigned the what and not the how;
- Great knowledge of Django, Ruby on Rails or other similar frameworks;
- Understanding of frontend frameworks such as Angular, React or similar;
- Fluency in English (verbal and written);
- Collaborative and a team player;
- Passionate about taking the responsibility of delivering high quality software, understand and provide the best experience for the user to solve their needs
Compensation, benefits and perks 🎉
- Salary range (annual gross): 40k – 55k
- Comprehensive health insurance;
- Employee stock options plan;
- Generous Learning & Development budget and training days;
- Remote-friendly (you can work from home or from our cool office in Lisbon – you choose!)
- Home-office budget & a Commuting budget (for the office lovers!)
- (Fun) team buildings and our very own Valispace annual retreat!