At Valispace we are developing a software where teams of engineers can do calculations and analyses when building rockets, airplanes, satellites, cars and other complex hardware. You will join our international team which is changing the way engineers work by providing a web-based, real-time collaboration platform. With an open-minded environment, we value teamwork, provide flexibility and we are looking forward to hearing your ideas and opinions.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join us!
You’ll be part of the DevOps squad.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Maintain, support and build out infrastructure and servers mainly focusing on our customer’s on-premise servers, but also on AWS and other cloud providers;
- Design an infrastructure and configuration management strategy including, but not limited to: Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Kubernetes, infrastructure compliance and security;
- Design, develop and implement tooling and processes to automate infrastructure provisioning for on-premise deployments.
- Calls with customers’ IT departments;
- Debugging and troubleshooting performance issues between software and infrastructure.
What will your day look like?
- Guarantee scaling and performance of our systems;
- Deploy, configure or improve log collection and systems monitoring;
- Administrate and optimize resources on the complete AWS life cycle, along with security;
- Develop and update scripts for automating installations, backups and updates of Valispace on AWS and on-premise deployments;
- Deploy and install Valispace on our clients infrastructure;
- Provide customer support for our clients IT staff;
Why you’re the right candidate
- Good knowledge of AWS;
- Experience with containerization (Docker and/or Kubernetes) is Required;
- Infrastructure automation by using CloudFormation, Terraform or equivalent is desired;
- 2+ years of experience in Infrastructure Management;
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing IT operations best practices, including knowledge of security, storage, data protection and disaster recovery protocols;
- Hands-on experience with Log mining frameworks like Elastic, Prometheus, Loki, is a plus;
- Not required but experience in any of the following is considered to be an asset: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Nginx, Python;
- Strong troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities;
- Strong English communication skills (written and spoken);
- A desire to write tools and applications to automate work rather than do everything by hand.
What is it like to work at Valispace?
- We have a dynamic startup environment – it’s never boring;
- Accountability, Feedback and Collaboration are in our DNA;
- You get to geek out on all things engineering related;
- We provide room to create and innovate;
- Your work schedule is flexible – we encourage hybrid work schedules that allow for autonomy and interaction in the doses that work best for your deliverables;
- We have a cool office in central Lisbon with an amazing kitchen and balcony to hang out, but you can work from home from time to time as well.
Do you want to know more about our culture?
Check our values at https://www.valispace.com/careers/