Valley Tech Systems, a Voyager Space company, is an innovative engineering company that is leading the way in controllable solid propulsion and open architecture airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) technologies. VTS’ innovative solutions address technology needs across the U.S. Government and commercial space industry. reentry systems, missile defense, commercial and DoD space launch systems, small launch vehicles, and payloads.
At VTS our mission is to supply the most advanced and innovative solutions to complex problems found in Department of Defense weapon systems. We approach these problems using a “mission-focused”, “customer first” engineering approach. Working at VTS means you will be engaging with industry pioneers at a small company who all work collaboratively to make big things happen.
- Positive, cooperative, self-motivated, and professional behavior
- Contribute as necessary to get the job done
- U.S. citizenship
- Able to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance
Perform as a technical contributor on projects in the field of mechanical engineering. Interface with engineering peers, senior engineers, and program managers to receive tasks and lead small projects. Work independently and within a team to complete tasks on schedule and budget. Communicate effectively to accomplish assignments and support others in accomplishing their assignments. Contribute to write of technical documents including reports, test plans, and proposals.
- Perform mechanical component design for high performance rocket propulsion systems
- Design mechanical systems that manage high-temperature gasses
- Perform design trade studies
- Create designs with CAD models and participate in design reviews
- Conduct structural and thermal FEA on rocket motor components and assemblies
- Conduct 1D and 2D tolerance analyses
- Prepare and review engineering drawings
- Participate in hardware assembly and testing activities
- Peer review of mechanical designs, providing technical input for manufacturing, processing, assembly, and procurement
- Work directly with technicians and suppliers to assure engineering requirements are met
- Interact with customers on technical matters
- Participate in customer meetings and reviews by preparing and presenting technical material
- Other related job duties, as assigned
Required: Four (4) to seven (7) years of mechanical engineering experience
Preferred: Rocket motor design and testing
Required: Bachelor’s degree is required in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or other relevant engineering discipline from an accredited college/university. May consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
Preferred: Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or other relevant engineering discipline from an accredited college/university. May consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, and Project
- Experience with CAD software, SolidWorks preferred
- Proven ability to successfully operate in a highly collaborative team environment
- Prototype fabrication including use of lathe, mill, grit blasting, drilling
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Willingness to seek out and assume increasing responsibilities as work load changes
- Aptitude for working with mechanical and electrical systems
- Must be able to travel approximately 20% of the time.