Valley Tech Systems, a Voyager Space company, is an innovative engineering company that is leading the way in controllable solid propulsion and open architecture airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) technologies. VTS’ innovative solutions address technology needs across the U.S. Government and commercial space industry. reentry systems, missile defense, commercial and DoD space launch systems, small launch vehicles, and payloads.
At VTS our mission is to supply the most advanced and innovative solutions to complex problems found in Department of Defense weapon systems. We approach these problems using a “mission-focused”, “customer first” engineering approach. Working at VTS means you will be engaging with industry pioneers at a small company who all work collaboratively to make big things happen.
- Valley Tech Systems believes in consistent, positive, cooperative, self-motivated professional behavior—we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
- Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job description, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
Excitement and eagerness to learn and support new technologies in the airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance mission space.
In this position, the candidate will develop and apply advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
This position will provide opportunities to work directly with technical peers, chief engineers, systems engineering and program managers within the company.
This job requires the candidate to perform software engineering tasks, inclusive of those identified below, with minimal supervision:
- Performs software design, development, and testing of software modules.
- Analyzes, develops, and recommends design approaches to meet requirements for new or improved products and/or processes.
- Collaborates with software engineers on system characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
- Support the development of technical proposals
- Contributes to the development of presentation material (SSR, PDR, CDR, TRR, TIMs) and may present at customer reviews and technical interchange meetings.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Participate in customer meetings, peer reviews, and problem-solving meetings.
- Analyze and document customer requirements, expectations, and constraints
- Identify potential solutions given technology, organization, and management constraints.
- Create software models depicting domain characteristics and technology structure
- Conceptualize and experiment with alternate architecture approaches
- Work in a team environment through all phases of software development
- Other related job duties, as assigned
Required: Four (4) + years of experience in similar position developing products in Java
Preferred: Current DoD Top Secret SCI Security Clearance
Required: Bachelor’s degree in the field of Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited university
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task in a highly collaborative team environment
- Willingness to seek-out and assume increasing responsibilities as work load changes
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication
- A basic understanding of object-oriented software design principles, distributed computing environment concepts, embedded real-time software concepts, graphical software interface technology, and principles of routing, client/server programming
- Applied knowledge of: computer languages, data structures, computer logic and flow-charting, computer program design methods and techniques, maintaining and debugging live software systems, operating systems, standard development tools, and networking technologies and protocols
- Working knowledge of mathematical and statistical principles and formulas.
- Working knowledge of security and encryption
- Overall knowledge of the computing environment at large, e.g., typical uses and user populations of operating systems, communications protocols, hardware platforms, etc.
- Preferred experience with Java
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).