There are many products that improve the quality of life on Earth that can only be manufactured in space. Our job at Varda is to make those products and bring them back down. We at Varda are proud to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has deep experience in aerospace and tech. They have honed their crafts in the trenches of major companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by proven leaders who have chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops are clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About This Role
Simulation software at Varda is necessary to build high-fidelity models of orbital physics, fluid dynamics, electronics used for ensuring the reliability and success of manufacturing and reentry spacecraft. As a software engineer at Varda you will develop the simulation infrastructure and software needed by the various engineering teams to translate physical behaviors into simulation applications. You will see your software through its full lifecycle from requirements capture, to testing, through support in automated environments.
- Develop high-performance simulation software needed to accurately model and test hardware behaviors, systems, or software interfaces for Varda’s spacecraft at various stages of integration
- Build the tooling required to model spacecraft physics in mission simulation exercises, and support such exercises
- Work with engineers across disciplines to prototype designs, capture physical behaviors in software, and identify operational constraints
- Own all aspects of the simulation products created, from design, testing, analysis, and integration
- Collaborate closely with simulation users to iterate on simulation product functionality
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least two years of software development experience.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages, such as C, C++, Python.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to scope projects including requirements capture and initial design trades given open-ended problems.
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Solid working knowledge of math and physics.
- Demonstrable capabilities and experience in debugging software, testing at various levels of integration, and implementing performance optimizations.
- Experience in physics modeling or emulation of real-time systems.
- Strong understanding of computer architectures and software design for heterogenous computing systems.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
- Exciting team of professionals at the top of their field to working by your side
- Working in El Segundo, CA – an awesome Southern California beach city with quick access to entertainment and outdoor activities
- Equity in a fully funded space startup with potential for significant growth
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance, including Vision and Dental
- Lunch and snacks provided on site every day. Dinners provided twice a week.
- Maternity / Paternity leave
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.