Varda is moving industry into space and bringing real products back to Earth.
SpaceX, NASA and the rest of the space industry have laid the proverbial railways to orbit. The team at Varda is building on top of this prior work to expand the economic bounds of humankind.
At Varda, you’ll have the opportunity to work at the intersection of ambition and experience. Our team has all worked in aerospace and honed their crafts in the trenches of major established companies. Your work will be valued and evaluated by launch-proven leaders who’ve chosen to apply their talents to manufacturing in space.
While our vision is big, the steps to get there are technically reasonable and operationally feasible. Our conops is clear and use cases have been proven out over decades of ISS-based research and development.
Join Varda to help leverage space for business.
About this role:
Varda is forging a new path in the space economy and needs help making sure its internal IT systems enable the team to move quickly, and execute his/her work as effectively as possible. As one of the early members of the team your work will shape how IT runs throughout Varda for years to come.
Responsibilities for this Role:
- Design, implement and maintain a variety of tooling and infrastructure whether on-premise, cloud provided or combination of multiple providers and locations.
- Ensure services are highly available and prepared for disaster by regularly verifying backups and failure recovery methods.
- Support multiple growing teams of engineers building spacecraft, manufacturing hardware and ground systems.
- Follow best practices regarding identity and access management, endpoint connectivity and data integrity.
- Ability to scope projects including requirements capture and initial design trades given open-ended problems.
- Experience setting up LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN in an enterprise or corporate setting.
- Experience with asset and vendor management
- Experience designing, implementing, managing, documenting, and troubleshooting IT networks.
- Experience as a systems admin for Linux and Windows
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S. to conform with U.S Government space technology export regulations under ITAR
Nice to haves
- Experience with networking protocols and technologies. (PTP/RTSP + TCP/IP + BGP/SDWAN + IPSEC etc )
- Experience with at least one scripting language ( Python/Powershell/Ruby/Perl/Bash )
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and configuration management tools
- Experience with large-scale application deployment and management systems such as Kubernetes
- Industry standard certifications such as CCNA, MCSE, AWS SysOps etc.
Varda Space Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Candidates and employees are always evaluated based on merit, qualifications, and performance. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, martial status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.