Innovation through Simplicity & Safety
You will be part of a team of driven and enthusiastic engineers working to prototype, design, develop, and test our innovative Dauntless small launch vehicle. In this position you will be designing an orbital class navigation system and serving as a critical part of the overall launch vehicle design team.
You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating personal leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail. A willingness to branch outside your comfort zone is essential… we’re a small fast-paced company and everyone pitches in when needed. This is an opportunity to get in near the ground floor of an expanding space launch start up and have a direct impact on the development and production of a completely new space launch vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Derive, design, implement, and validate the Dauntless navigation algorithm
- Evaluate, select, calibrate, integrate, and flight-certify the Dauntless navigation hardware
- Collaborate with your GNC teammates to deliver the entire Dauntless GNC system
- Perform other duties as required.
- B.S. Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of professional GNC experience
- A solid foundation in probability and statistics
- A solid foundation in flight and orbital mechanics
- Experience with the selection, implementation, calibration, and validation of IMUs and GPS hardware
- Experience with the derivation and implementation of Kalman filter-based state estimation
- Experience with using MATLAB & Simulink to model and evaluate navigation performance
- Willingness to work flexible hours as necessary
- US Person as defined in 22 CRF Part 120.15 (U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugees and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty) since work includes ITAR controlled technical data
Preferred Skills and Education
- M.S. or Ph.D in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with 3+ years of professional GNC experience
- Comfortable engaging vendors and leading trade studies to select navigation hardware
- Familiar with six degree-of-freedom (6-DOF) Monte Carlo simulations for trajectory analyses
- Proficient with real-time operating systems and hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Competent with using Python for data analysis and task automation
- Excited to join a small, but passionate, team building a novel launch vehicle!
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace