This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineering leader to manage the Vehicle Testing Team for Rocket Lab.
The vehicle testing team works closely with the design and analysis teams to perform qualification tests, refine designs and ensure the Electron vehicle, mechanical components and systems meet functional requirements. On a day to day basis your team will be testing structural components including tanks, pressure systems, in addition to many other mechanical and electromechanical components.
The Vehicle Testing team is critical to preserving and improving the integrity of the vehicle and its various systems, while at the same time providing sufficient resources to support ongoing development and production schedules.
Key areas of responsibility include
- Team Management/Leadership – Effectively managing, mentoring and developing the current team of highly skilled and experienced test engineers.
- Test Operations – Scheduling the team and ensuring all test activities meet current company deadlines and milestones
- Financial Management/Reporting – Preparing monthly internal reports for management including performance analysis and financial reporting as required by finance in accordance to company policies
- Health & Safety– Ensuring all staff are trained in safety practices and procedures and that Rocket Lab’s health & Safety strategy is followed at all times
- Aerospace, mechanical or mechatronic engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- 10+ years testing experience
- 5+ years team leadership and people management experience, with a proven record in being able to effectively manage a team
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Sound analytical skills and capable of seeing the big picture and making connections and appropriate decisions
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can-do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgements.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.