Viasat is a global communications company that believes everyone and everything in the world can be connected. With offices in 24 countries around the world, our mission shapes how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the world communicate and connect. Viasat is developing the ultimate global communications network to power high-quality, reliable, secure, affordable, fast connections to positively impact people’s lives anywhere they are—on the ground, in the air or at sea, while building a sustainable future in space.
Chief Operations Office
The Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
The candidate will play a significant role in Viasat being successful to meet the obligations contracted by the Airlines or from value added resellers by joining the dynamic group of the Senior Engineers of the Operations team.
The successful candidate will be required to perform root cause analysis, ensure workarounds are available and follow up incidents until resolution. She/ he should apply lessons learned and have continuous improvement approach.
The role will require significant interaction within Viasat, the Aviation Service Systems Support group, Aviation performance and TSPI teams to ensure the delivery of the specified Entry Into Service (EIS) support. This support shall ensure it is in line with the contractual obligations made to customers regarding service availability and end-user support.
The candidate should be acting as Technical authority for operations, supporting change and configuration management process
The candidate shall support evaluation, delivery and test verification and validation of new software releases
- Monitor and maintain Aviation network infrastructure (Routers, Switches, Servers and VM’s)
- 2rd Line Support for Incidents
- Work closely and act as interface with the design team for system development
- Work closely with partners and design teams to ensure service support and smooth transition to daily operations
- Ensure fulfilment of contracted service availability and other relevant metrics in the entry into service phase
- Proactively improve service support and feedback into systems to improve the service offering
- Contribute to create efficient operational and technical processes/procedures
- Support all key internal processes Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and CSI
Key skills and experience:
- Knowledge / experience of associated Mobile Data Traffic Management technologies and solutions (i.e. Traffic Detection Function (TDF), Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF), Service Function Chaining, etc.) and Mobile Internet architectures, services and associated protocols (i.e. especially Diameter, RADIUS)
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Self-starter initiative and enthusiasm with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- BSc/BEng or equivalent in a relevant technical degree (Mobile communications / telecommunications /IP Networks/)
- Highly proficient written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ in order to optimise and automate wherever possible operations.
- Critical ability in order to set the right priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to adapt and change in a dynamic working environment
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Working experience on Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Experience in VM environment
- Strong Linux background
- Satellite telecommunications
- VSAT experience
- Knowledge of the 3G MPC, 4G/LTE EPC and Mobile Internet networks, architectures, services.
- CCNA Cisco certified
- Experience with Viasat systems/services
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our culture and ways of working
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to behaviours that support our values, which create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – we provide a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – we take ownership, we deliver results, and we keep our promises
- Respect – we collaborate, we embrace and celebrate diversity and we value difference
- Excellence – we create bold solutions for our customers and put quality at the heart of everything we do
We also value and encourage a healthy work-life balance, so we offer flexible working wherever possible. Depending on the operational requirements of your job and your team, we can offer compressed hours (nine-day fortnight), hybrid office-remote working, and flexibility during your working day to take care of personal commitments.
At Inmarsat we want the best people for the job, and we warmly welcome applications from you if you’re suitably qualified and eligible, regardless of your sex, gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, gender identity, neurodiverse qualities, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity status.
Inmarsat is signed up to the Halo Hair Code, which aims to protect employees who come to work with natural hair and protective hairstyles associated with their racial, ethnic, and cultural identities.
To give you the best experience possible during your application process and interview, we can make adjustments. For example, if you’re visually impaired we’ll happily meet you locally and help you find your way to our office, or if you have neurodiverse qualities, we can provide you with additional support to help you prepare for your interview. Please let our Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you.