Virgin Galactic is on track to become the world’s first public commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from internal and external data sources to develop analytical models that drive optimization of organizational structure, compensation, candidate evaluation, employee feedback, recruiting, and other initiatives
- Implement statistical models and computational algorithms to inform the organization’s investments in personnel and process
- Identify trends, patterns, and discrepancies in company data sources and synthesize into large datasets to support company and project goals
- Lead the continuous improvement of data science and analytics by developing tools and processes to monitor ongoing model performance and analyze data accuracy
- Coordinate with different functional teams and vendors to implement models and assess outcomes
- Communicate insights to team leaders and business partners with crisp, accessible reports and visualizations that inform concrete business actions
* The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree with STEM focus
- 2+ years related experience in technologies and practice related to analytics/insights
- 2+ years experience using Python and/or R to implement decision problem solutions
- 1+ years experience building and maintaining predictive and prescriptive models
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and communicating across organizations at all levels
- Proven ability to translate advanced analytical output to actionable insights for business partners and decision makers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Meet ITAR requirements as required for employment with Virgin Galactic
- Master’s degree in Data Science or Computer Science
- Experience using leading data visualization tools to develop interactive graphics and dashboards for end-users (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft Power BI)
- Experience building descriptive and inferential survey analytics solutions
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen., lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status