A NEW SPACE AGE IS COMING SOON
Who we are
Virgin Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology, and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first-century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver, and can make things happen – apply today!
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience working with complex electro-mechanical systems in aerospace or related fields. We are looking for a generalist who will contribute to several roles in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop hardware-in-the-loop test equipment
- Troubleshoot test failures
- Support testing of Avionics systems and components across hardware and software
- Write test plans and procedures
- Document design issues and work with engineering teams to resolve
What you bring
- Must have a B.Sc. Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems
- Experience with component and system-level testing
- Experience developing test benches
- Experience documenting wiring schematics
- Strong LabVIEW development skills
- Experience with NI Veristand a plus
- 2 or more years of relevant integration and testing experience in aerospace or a similar field
- Experience with embedded system hardware and software
- Strong troubleshooting, organizational, and written communication skills
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.