Together we open space to change the world for good
Who we are
Virgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE), recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – apply today!
Virgin Galactic is seeking a Power BI Developer to join our team to foster data driven decision making in our organization to drive better performance, results, and customer satisfaction. The responsibilities of this individual will include developing and managing automated dashboard tools for reporting financial performance, departmental operating performances, and a variety of other dashboards aimed at driving process improvement across the company. Successful candidates will not only bring strong expertise in developing meaningful performance metrics and dashboards but will also have a good customer service orientation as they interact with the rest of the VG team.
- Responsible for creating and deploying intuitive, meaningful reports and dashboards using Microsoft BI technologies including Power BI, SQL Server, Azure, etc.
- Build compelling, interactive, and actionable reporting on top of structured data models that helps in deriving meaningful business insights from large, complex datasets.
- Design a captivating User Interface utilizing Power BI with insightful visuals to provide a consistent, intuitive, and visually appealing platform to enhance the User Experience.
- Provide meaningful metrics and data to assist departments and programs in preparing annual budgets and forecasts as well as identifying areas for continual improvement.
- Demonstrate where data collection, measurement and analysis can be valuable in informing strategic decisions regarding resource allocation and planning.
- Supporting the full BI lifecycle from requirements analysis through design & development, and through release and support/maintenance phases.
What you bring
- 3+ years of relevant Data Visualization development, Report/Dashboard creation and design, and SQL programming.
- Experience with Power BI, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Server, Oracle, and Azure is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data design, data modeling, data management, and data visualization tools and methodologies.
- Build and maintain meaningful reports and data visualizations utilizing Power BI, including the ability to transform data with Power Query and DAX.
- Ability to create and maintain SQL queries, views, and stored procedures from multiple data sources, such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Create and maintain ETL processes to support data transfers across various systems.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in Aerospace or Manufacturing environment preferred – Oracle EBS is a plus.
- Background in data warehouse design and data mining including an in-depth understanding of Relational database design.
- Advanced experience with Excel, Access, and VBA coding is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Manage projects with minimal supervision. Proactively addresses actions and issues.
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.