Together we open space to change the world for good
Who we are
Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE) Virgin Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space it is clear that there is much more that unites than divides us.
We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good. – Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver, and can make things happen – apply today!
Virgin Galactic is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Systems Engineer who will be dedicated to work in the Propulsion group for development of next generation Propulsion System for existing and future Spaceships. The scope of the project with respect to Systems Engineering is to capture the definition of the Propulsion System throughout its lifecycle. Specifically, the work will entail responsibility for all Systems Engineering deliverables regarding planning, architecture, requirements, interface control, validation & verification, integration, and qualification. The Senior Systems Engineer will work with both mechanical and electronic sub-systems for the Propulsion System. The ideal candidate will have at least 8-10 years of experience which includes working with both electronic and mechanical systems.
- Development of Concept of Operation Specifications
- Development of Architectures, Requirements, Interface Control Documents
- alidation of RequirementsV
- Development of Validation, Verification, and Integration Test Procedures
What you bring
- Must have a B.S. or M.S. in Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Must have a working understanding of Systems Engineering process and interfaces and interactions between Systems Engineering and Multi-discipline Engineering Teams
- Must have a strong understanding of requirements development and requirements management
- Must have a strong understanding of physical and functional architecture development
- Must have a strong understanding of SAE ARP-4754A, SAE ARP-4761, DO-178C, DO-254, DO-160, as well as industry standards for Mechanical Systems
- Must be able to read and comprehend schematics and mechanical drawings
- Must be able to work under general supervision; Work will be reviewed as needed based on complexity.
- Offers constructive opinions and discusses options. Involves others in decisions.
- Must be a self-starter and has ability to make recommendation and influence buy in of team
- Must possess intermediate knowledge in at least one discipline. Uses classical data structures, algorithms, and resource management techniques.
- Must be able to actively share knowledge, learns from others; Able to identify and effectively communicate alternative technologies and techniques
- Must be participate in teams and discussions in a positive manner, helps others be successful. Commuicates well.
- Organizes and plans own work
- Takes responsibility for own professional development
- 2-7 years of experience specific to Systems Engineering integration or testing experience in aerospace or similar field
- Experience in developing Systems Engineering documentation
- Experience in integration, validation & verification of Avionics and Mechanical Systems
- Good troubleshooting, organizational, and written communication skills
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.