Virgin Galactic (VG) is on track to become the world’s first publicly traded commercial spaceline. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop orbital flights for space tourism and other commercial applications.
Virgin Galactic has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter, and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
VG is seeking a Materials Handler to actively facilitate the movement of materials, consumables, hazardous materials and other inventory items necessary to establish and operate the world’s first private spaceline. We require a hungry and hands on individual looking to build their career and grow within an organization revolutionizing how we view space travel.
- You will be a physically active individual, not perturbed by unpacking, packing, unloading and lifting an array of materials crucial to the operation.
- You will be the final stop for an array of items before they are handed off to our engineering teams and integrated into our Spaceport or our aircrafts.
- Responsible for inbound receiving and inspection activities. Accurately receive all inbound deliveries into ERP system; maintain records of all receipts in compliance with VG requirements.
- You will be a point of contract for all hazardous materials and must ensure that we manage HAZMAT storage and document accurately at all times.
- Proactively monitor inventory and manage shelf life for material in the warehouse – whilst collaborating with our procurement technicians to ensure that you have the materials that you require for any given period.
- Manage interplant deliveries and local pick-up and delivery as required.
- Responsible for outbound shipping.
- On call coverage for emergency shipments or receipts is required.
- Assist with other job demands such as training other material handlers, as needed.
What you bring
- Preferred experience with material movement in a manufacturing or operational environment, advanced materials, or aerospace industries.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and/or MRO maintenance software would be a plus, but not a deal breaker
- It is crucial that you are familiar with office software skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to hold & maintain a valid driver’s license in New Mexico.
- Understanding of or willingness to learn import/export processes including ITAR.
- Practical approach/leads by example. Happy to be hands on and demonstrates the ability to work cross-functionally across the organization.
- Excellent communication skills (team, management, and suppliers) and excellent customer service skills.
- Incredible energy and passion with a resourceful attitude.
- Self-motivated. Enjoys work independently. Possesses sound judgment and decision making abilities.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Physical and/or Additional Requirements
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 9 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted).
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Must be able to operate a manual pallet jack and move loaded skids weighing up to 200lbs.
Ideal Education/Certifications Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- BS or AAS in Material Management, Logistics, or equivalent experience is a plus.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen., lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.