A NEW SPACE AGE IS COMING SOON
Who we are
Virgin Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology, and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first-century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver, and can make things happen – apply today!
- Responsible for the care and development of assigned crew
- Develop interdepartmental relationships to aid in mission completion
- Identify and remove roadblocks for the execution of departmental goals
- Hourly team member time card management
- Performance Management of assigned crew
- Manage training completion and assignment to include Initial, Recurrent, and On-The-Job training
- Manage vacation schedule and coordinate resource requirements with the maintenance programs office
- Continually evaluate crew skill level and make adjustments to shift assignments as needed
- Manage labor hours and assignment of overtime to support program requirements
- Review, analyze, and make changes to resourcing as defined by assigned metrics
- Responsible for interviewing and participating in hiring decisions
- Attend required departmental meetings and provide updates and status on crew resources
- Provide input to planning discussions in regards to crew resources
- Participate in departmental and process audits in partnership with the Quality Assurance
What you bring
- Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s related degree is preferred. However, consideration will be given for equivalent operational leadership experience
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License with minimum 8 years experience to include a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role
- A successful track record and experience with process improvement in maintenance and/or production environments
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a paperless environment utilizing various computerized platforms
- Excellent leadership and management skills, ability to multitask, apply good intrapersonal skills and utilize available resources to accomplish company goals
- Good oral communication skills and ability to train others on the job
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to pass the background check to obtain a US airport AOA and/or NMSA spaceport badge
- Willing to travel and be on-call 24/7/365 in support of operational requirements
- Must have a valid passport and a valid driver’s license
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
*The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Physical and/or Additional Requirements
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to work in tight spaces
- Must be able to physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted).
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.