At Virgin Orbit, we launch the small satellite revolution, accessing space for missions that were previously unimaginable and fostering new ideas and technologies to create a truly spacefaring civilization. We deliver Virgin’s legendary customer service by pairing technological advancements with a clear focus on our customers’ needs. We build a workplace and a workforce for the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today will launch the industries of tomorrow. We engage a diverse and inclusive community of dreamers and achievers in a shared mission to access space to improve life on Earth.
At Virgin Orbit, we boost imagination.
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a Manager of Information Systems. This position will assist in the implementation and support of LauncherOne’s Manufacturing Execution System solution. MES is a key enabler and critical component to achieving our business objectives. Its implementation is a high visibility project, sponsored by and supported from the program’s top level leadership. The Manager of Information Systems will be supported and working closely with in-house and remote MES, Oracle ERP and Teamcenter PLM teams as well as Manufacturing Engineering, Shop Floor and Quality subject matter experts. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position at Virgin Orbit’s aerospace facility in Long Beach, California.
- Functional expert in MES business applications
- Scoping, sizing, design and documentation of configuration and customizations
- Experience in integration with major ERP systems (preferably Oracle EBS)
- Super user functional training, creation and maintenance of training material
- On-going MES level one (direct) support
- Liaison to level two (remote) support groups
- Creating custom SQL reports for production and supply chain metrics and KPIs
- Reporting on open support tickets and ticket burn down rates
- Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you bring
If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in MES implementations
- Ability to work in both R&D and production rate environments
- Proficiency in SQL reporting is required
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
… and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
- 8 year’s experience Business Systems Analyst experienced working in fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Experienced working directly with aerospace engineering, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, and finance stakeholders
- At least 5 years experience with ERP in a manufacturing environment
- At least 5 years experience with MES for aerospace or some other discrete manufacturing of complex assembly products
- Deep aerospace specific knowledge of MES, ERP, and PLM required
- Experience roadmapping and balancing support with long term initiatives and projects required
- Experience with direct user support of MES and ERP required
- Experience with Oracle EBS strongly preferred
- Experience with TeamCenter and NX strongly preferred
- Experience with Solumina MES/QMS preferred
- Proficient writing SQL queries
- Experience with a middleware such as Jitterbit or Mulesoft preferred
- Experience with Tomcat preferred
- Experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting SQL DBMS is a plus
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. In the words of Sir Richard Branson “We believe it’s better to have a hole in your team than an asshole in your team!”
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.