Become A Part Of The World’s First Commercial Spaceline Virgin Galactic is comprised of hundreds of dedicated and passionate professionals united in creating something new and lasting: the world’s first commercial spaceline. A spaceline for Earth. We are here because we believe we are at the vanguard of a new space industry that is defining the future of exploration and that we will ultimately make space accessible to more people and for more purposes than ever before. We realize that our undertaking is both audacious and incredibly ambitious. We know that achieving our mission will require highly unusual levels of tenacity and dedication. If you share our passion for this mission, we welcome you to explore the positions we have available.
Who we are
Virgin Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – apply today!
- Design and development of flight test instrumentation systems in close collaboration with Avionics and other engineering disciplines
- Selection of sensors for flight test instrumentation including: Strain gauges, thermocouples, and pressure transducers
- Create installation definition for flight test instrumentation
- Support other departments regarding flight test instrumentation sensor integration
- Develop VG flight test instrumentation specifications and ensure equipment compliance
- Develop, implement and troubleshoot solutions to address hardware and software obsolescence
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years’ experience as an Flight Test Instrumentation or Avionics/Electrical Engineer
- Ability to read and generate wiring schematics and installation diagrams using CAD software
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and able to work across organizational teams
- Experience with the design of flight vehicles or vehicle systems to a set of requirements or standards such as CFR 14, Part 400, Part 23 and 25, military or NASA are highly desired
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio and Catia V/Solidworks
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15).
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.