Become A Part Of The World’s First Commercial Spaceline Virgin Galactic is comprised of hundreds of dedicated and passionate professionals united in creating something new and lasting: the world’s first commercial spaceline. A spaceline for Earth. We are here because we believe we are at the vanguard of a new space industry that is defining the future of exploration and that we will ultimately make space accessible to more people and for more purposes than ever before. We realize that our undertaking is both audacious and incredibly ambitious. We know that achieving our mission will require highly unusual levels of tenacity and dedication. If you share our passion for this mission, we welcome you to explore the positions we have available.
Who we are
Virgin Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – apply today!
- Project managing regular progress meetings with agency teams
- Analysing and producing coverage reports on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Manage reports of coverage on identified press releases and events
- Collecting and analyzing media coverage
- Creating a monthly news report that displays relevant news articles about VG and their competitors to internally increase the profile of Virgin Galactic in the news
- Assist with PR projects and events, including logistics support, booking, managing travel, press pack production, badging, and organizational activities as needed
- Attend local press events as needed to handle logistics, badging, handouts etc
- Drive the press release program including loading press releases to newsroom
- Composing weekly tweets regarding coverage in the International regions
- Content creation for The Boost [internal news site]
- Assist with editing the executive briefing books
- Developing and maintaining database of press interactions
- Manage logistics of employee speaking requests. Tracking and proactively gathering materials as required and communicating the event to the relevant stakeholders
This role will be located in Tustin, CA. The selected candidate for this role will be required to reside in or around the Tustin area, for both remote and onsite work. This internship will be 6 months in duration, with the understanding of work/school balance.
What you bring
- Potential interns must be in their Junior or Senior year of college/university and are expected to have a minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Your college/university major should ideally come from degree courses focused around Communications, Business, Marketing, or Public Relations
- Strong time and project management skills with a work ethic to do whatever is required
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work on your own with minimal direct day-to-day supervision
- Confident and self-motivated, both individually and in a team environment
- Eager to perform and exceed expectations
- Excellent attention to detail is a must
- Very strong written and oral communication skills, with high degree of personal credibility and professionalism
- Tolerant to periods of high workloads
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledgeable
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.