Become A Part Of The World’s First Commercial Spaceline Virgin Galactic is comprised of hundreds of dedicated and passionate professionals united in creating something new and lasting: the world’s first commercial spaceline. A spaceline for Earth. We are here because we believe we are at the vanguard of a new space industry that is defining the future of exploration and that we will ultimately make space accessible to more people and for more purposes than ever before. We realize that our undertaking is both audacious and incredibly ambitious. We know that achieving our mission will require highly unusual levels of tenacity and dedication. If you share our passion for this mission, we welcome you to explore the positions we have available.
Who we are
Virgin Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – apply today!
- Work with VP of Communications and the Communications Team to develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications designed to meet business goals.
- Liaising with executive staff to ensure the message of content is consistent.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related marketing materials.
- Analysing and reporting back on success of campaigns.
- Preparing detailed media activity reports.
- Supervising projects to guarantee all content is publication ready.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Researches and understands key business challenges, customer behavior, target audiences, competitive activity, and environmental factors that impacts our program.
- Identifies and presents opportunities for consistency in messaging and customer experience across all channels.
- Develops an understanding of short and long-term department goals and planned initiatives.
- Works with leadership to take the pulse of overall business activity to identify communications opportunities.
- Update databases and media lists.
- Track projects and media exposure.
What you bring
- Five years minimum experience in a Communications, Public Relations, or Internal Communications industries.
- Educational requirement would be a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an degree program within Communications, relevant to the requirements.
- Excellent copy editing and proof-reading skill.
- Microsoft Office Suite skillset.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. Accountable, great execution ability & positive attitude.
- Should be a good team player. Understanding of the social media landscape will be preferred.
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure is essential.
- Stay current on trends, social issues, and industry news.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, and available for weekends as they apply.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.