Become A Part Of The World’s First Commercial Spaceline Virgin Galactic is comprised of hundreds of dedicated and passionate professionals united in creating something new and lasting: the world’s first commercial spaceline. A spaceline for Earth. We are here because we believe we are at the vanguard of a new space industry that is defining the future of exploration and that we will ultimately make space accessible to more people and for more purposes than ever before. We realize that our undertaking is both audacious and incredibly ambitious. We know that achieving our mission will require highly unusual levels of tenacity and dedication. If you share our passion for this mission, we welcome you to explore the positions we have available.
Who we are
Virgin Galactic recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – apply today!
Virgin Galactic is looking for an experienced writer and editor to be an integral part of the Communications Team. Reporting to the VP Communications, this role will share accountability for the end-to-end content requirements of the Executive Office.
She/he will be responsible for the development of internal and external communications that will help Virgin Galactic accomplish its business, and communications goals. This is a unique opportunity to play a very active role supporting a high-profile CEO and aerospace company during an exciting time of growth and transformation.
- Be able to write high-quality speeches, quotes, internal memos, and long-form pieces for the CEO and company executives
- Be able to write communications on behalf executive staff, for external speaking events, employee meetings, video scripts, social media, media by-lines, etc.
- Stay current on trends, social issues, and industry news, and ensure the CEO’s messaging reflects prevailing global sentiments and events
What you bring
- Eight+ years minimum experience in a Communications, Public Relations, Internal Communications, or Executive Communications
- Educational requirement would be a minimum of a Bachelors degree in an degree program within Communications, relevant to the requirements. Preferred degree would be a Masters
- You have previously written and edited content for senior executives
- Has experience of collaborating with senior executives, marketing, and corporate communications to develop leadership content and communications
- Strong writing and research skills, a global mindset, confidentiality, an emphasis on quality and detail, and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment are critical
- All applicants must submit a portfolio of material that demonstrates their writing skills. They may also be requested to write a short assignment to gauge their writing and editing style.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. Accountable, great execution ability with a positive attitude
- You should be a good team player. Understanding of the social media landscape will be preferred
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure is essential
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.