Virgin Galactic, recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us. “We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
Virgin Galactic (VG) is seeking a HRIS Data Analyst I who will be responsible for data integrity and standard system reporting. The HRIS Data Analyst will be a key member of the People Information Systems Team. The HRIS Data Analyst will play a key role in the administration and support of the Virgin Galactic’s information through the HRIS system. This individual will be aiding HR staﬀ in the use of the system and assisting with troubleshooting and resolving minor system issues.
- Process all data entry into HRIS system and maintain integrity and accuracy of all data input, managed, and reported through the core HRIS including conducting regular data audits to ensure the integrity of data within the HRIS system.
- Data manipulation of any information within the HRIS platform, including all changes, adds, or terminations.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting to staff for all HRIS modules including Core HR, Payroll, Time and Attendance, Onboarding, Recruiting.
- Develop and conduct training for new system functions and new staff members.
- Collaborate with team members to identify system improvements
- Maintain deep knowledge of trends and developments within the organization’s HRIS systems and recommends application of new features that may provide efficiency.
- Participate in other HRIS special projects as assigned.
- Provide standard and ad-hoc reporting to HR, HR Benefits, and Payroll, or other internal users.
- Meet with end users to determine reporting requirements and identification of solutions to meet their needs.
- Understand data and its flow within the HRIS system.
- Perform report maintenance, revisions and scheduling on a regular basis.
- Troubleshoot reporting issues and escalate issues when needed.
- Continually maintain awareness of current trends in HR Reporting.
- Assist HR staff with use of technology include Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Adobe, other Microsoft applications.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in related field OR equivalent related experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience working in Human Resources including at least 2 years’ experience working with HRIS systems and reporting. Experience with UltiPro ideal.
- Keen organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines; and manage multiple priorities.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel; Intermediate proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, and Adobe.
- Ability and willingness to travel if needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen., lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status