Virgin Galactic, recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us. “We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
- We are looking for someone to Lead the development of Virgin Galactic’s next Spaceship Project with a goal to design and manufacture the future of spaceships for the company
- This will require you to apply your technical expertise, leadership skills and program management tenacity with an unwavering commitment to quality and safety to further the advancement of human spaceflight
- Create the detailed program plan that creates the roadmap to successfully developing of a fleet of spaceships
- Work with other company leaders in engineering, manufacturing and support organizations to gather history and experience to inform project planning and steering
- Review detailed development, engineering and manufacturing plans created by functional areas and ensure that they align with program requirements
- Execute program plans to design and manufacture a fleet of next generation spaceships with accountability to budget and schedule
- Proactively maintain and track program risks and opportunities and provide mitigation plans as needed
- Regularly report to executive leadership, internal and external customers and the wider organization the projects status and performance
What you bring
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or science related field
- 10+ years industry experience in progressive program management roles – projects or components to subsystem or systems
- Energetic, passionate and organized program leader ready to lead a project through the full lifecycle
- Experience providing leadership and management for multidisciplinary teams of engineering, manufacturing, and business support personnel
- Demonstrated success managing aerospace programs and projects of flight vehicles
- Experience with production of aerospace vehicles
- Engineering experience of aerospace vehicles or systems
- Experience in composite manufacturing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex R&D environment with multiple priorities as well as a disciplined production setting
- Experience with logic linked scheduling and Cost Account Management
- Experience with IMP/IMS, risk management, configuration management, requirements management processes
- Experience in budget management and reporting
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Self-directed with demonstrated passion for space and aerospace development.
- Resourceful and entrepreneurial to continually elevate Virgin Galactic’s Spaceship Program Team
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.