VisionSpace Technologies is a dynamic and experienced consulting, technology and engineering service business which develops and integrates enterprise-level solutions for the Space sector. Our team consists of highly skilled professionals focused on delivering smart and reliable solutions in the fields of Aerospace Engineering, Cyber Security Engineering, Automated Systems Solutions and Machine Learning.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our ESTRACK Engineering Service team, based at the European Spaceraft Operations Centre (ESOC), in Darmstadt, Germany. ESTRACK is the ESA Tracking Network of global ground stations, comprising a wide array of antenna types, i.e. for deep-space and LEO satellite communications. The facilities within ESTRACK require operations engineering services as provided by Station Maintenance and Operations Engineers (SMOE) who are assigned to a ground station facility asset. Station Maintenance and Operations Engineers are responsible for providing engineering services required for their assigned facility asset for preparing and maintaining associated antenna facilities during preparation of new support to mission and execution (flying) phase.
The Engineering Activities include (but are not limited to) the following tasks:
- Definition of mission specific ground station configuration in the operations preparation phase and after major modifications
- Supporting M&C tailoring for any new mission (ESA and external Agencies)
- Validation of station configuration and M&C for remote operations
- Generation of station and related operational configuration of mission specific documentation (e.g. Network Configuration Document, Remote and local Procedures, training material) during the life time of the mission
- Investigations of anomalies (incidents analysis and problem management) affecting the Ground station services to any supported mission
- Supporting regular meetings with the Ground Station M&O team and ESA management
- University degree or equivalent education in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering
- Experience with deep space and 15m antennas
- Experience in the Telecommunication Engineering domain, (i.e. RF expertise) including practical experience as RF engineer
- Broad understanding of IT Systems
- Configuration control expertise (i.e. knowledge and experience in configuration management)
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity with ESTRACK network
- Familiarity with ground station control processes and set-up
- Some experience dealing with internal & external interfaces and industrial suppliers
- Familiarity with ground station maintenance and operations
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse VisionSpace Technologies. Our company is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.