VisionSpace Technologies is a dynamic and experienced consulting, technology and engineering service business which develops and integrates enterprise-level solutions for the Space sector. Our team consists of highly skilled professionals focused on delivering smart and reliable solutions in the fields of Aerospace Engineering, Cyber Security Engineering, Automated Systems Solutions and Machine Learning.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our software engineering team in Figueira da Foz, Portugal. Remote work is also possible, but from time to time office attendance may be required.
You will be involved in all phases of the project lifecycle, from conception to final delivery to the clients. You will help define the technology stack, oversee the overall design, participate in hands-on development, conduct formal code reviews, and drive overall software quality practices.
Initially, you will join our cybersecurity team in an ongoing European Union’s H2020 R&D project. Later assignments will be adjusted to your preferences.
Activities of Software Engineer include the following tasks:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Support the software quality assurance processes
- Ensure ongoing product adherence to technology standards, business objectives, and requirements
- Support the rollout and implementation of software to clients, assure completeness of technical documentation and provide end-user support as needed
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience in Java
- Experience in developing for Linux
- Experience with software quality assurance is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including report writing, presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other stakeholders
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse VisionSpace Technologies. Our company is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.