Autonomous Space Operations
VisionSpace Technologies is a dynamic and experienced consulting, technology, and engineering service business which develops and integrates enterprise-level solutions for Space and Defense. Our team consists of highly skilled professionals focused on delivering intelligent and reliable Aerospace, Cyber Security, Automated Systems, and Machine Learning solutions.
We are recruiting a Ground Segment Cyber Security Engineer to support our team in projects with the European Union and the European Space Agency.
You will design and develop the next generation of cyber security systems to protect European space infrastructure.
Activities of the Ground Segment Cyber Security Engineer include the following tasks:
- Supporting cybersecurity related development activities.
- Collecting, defining, and analyzing security requirements for project and service deliveries, ensuring that projects and services go live with security controls in place.
- Evaluating and supporting the design, testing and implementation of IT security solutions.
- Security relevant aspects of Ground Segment Systems.
- Performing security risk assessments and defining resulting security requirements and design recommendations.
- Supporting the integration of systems and services into ESA or other customer’s infrastructure in compliance with the applicable security requirements, procedures and policies.
- Coordinating and supporting vulnerability assessment and scanning activities.
- Supporting the definition and performance of cybersecurity test campaigns.
- Assisting the Project/System Security Officer in conducting risk management and providing guidance on the selection of the appropriate risk treatment measures.
- Preparing security best practices and guidelines (e.g. for application development).
- Supporting security awareness trainings to the development team.
- Delivering and reviewing reports, procedures, and other requested documentation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in IT Security, computer science, information systems, or a related field
- Proven work experience (minimum three years) in cybersecurity activities.
- Familiar with cybersecurity standards and risk analysis processes.
- Direct experience in identifying vulnerabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team working, good analytic and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong communication and documentation abilities.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace