Autonomous Space Operations
VisionSpace Technologies is a dynamic and experienced consulting, technology and engineering service business that develops and integrates enterprise-level solutions for Space and Defense. Our team consists of highly skilled professionals focused on delivering smart and reliable solutions in the fields of Aerospace, Cyber Security, Automated Systems and Machine Learning.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team that is developing data processing algorithms for the GNSS Receiver for Atmospheric Sounding (GRAS) and other Radio Occultation (RO) data. As a DevOps Engineer, you are going to automate the integration and deployments of the data processing pipelines with the developed algorithms and tools inside the processing platform. You will support the team in the end-to-end system validation and verification of RO data processing platforms within the development and operational environments. If you are passionate about automation, scripting, and building infrastructure as code, willing to “roll up your sleeves” while simultaneously planning for scale, which is critical to success with this role, then you are the right candidate!
At VisionSpace, we have a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture – we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day!
- Maintaining and improving CI/CD pipelines to help automate everyday tasks;
- Working closely with your team and the other software engineers to help design, maintain and operate systems at scale;
- Design and development and integration of microservices application to support data processing and storage;
- Working with Cloud Native technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker;
- Use your troubleshooting skills to help identify and fix issues
- Maintaining and improving the monitoring and observability tools
- Using configuration management and tooling on IT and Application based configurations
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle of feature development on common release tooling components from design through testing, release, and ongoing support.
- Experimenting with and introducing cutting edge technologies
- Continuously improve automated build, test and deployment workflows
- Create and present customer-focused DevOps roadmaps
- Guide technical users through best practices (e.g., branching models, inner source, governance, security, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years hands-on technical experience with DevOps tools and practices
- 3+ years of customer-facing experience (consulting services, technical sales, etc.)
- A University degree or foreign equivalent in systems, computer, communication or electrical engineering or related discipline is required
- Experience within a DevOps practices and tools in the production environment, including design, development and integration of multiple services and applications
- Knowledge of agile software development techniques such as software version control using git, branch-based development workflows, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration;
- Experience in the setup and maintenance of web servers, (PostgreSQL) database servers;
- Excellent skills in the following programming languages: Python, GoLang, Perl, Unix shell scripting and SQL (with a focus on PostgreSQL databases).
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects