Autonomous Space Operations
VisionSpace Technologies is a dynamic and experienced consulting, technology and engineering service business which develops and integrates enterprise-level solutions for Space and Defense. Our team consists of highly skilled professionals focused on delivering smart and reliable solutions in the fields of Aerospace, Cyber Security, Automated Systems and Machine Learning.
We are recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for building apps for the Space & Defence Industries. Your major role will be to design and create these apps, as well as to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
Additionally, you will be supporting one of our main customers, EUMETSAT, on the development of their GRASP framework for Radio Occultations.
Activities of the Senior Software Engineer include the following tasks:
- Consulting with internal stakeholders to define the scope of software development initiatives
- Working on application design and development alongside the software development team
- Creating software and supervising application deployment across platforms
- Diagnosing and debugging processes
- Creating feedback channels for end-user applications
- Maintaining, updating, and upgrading to optimize software
- Maintaining software development records and documenting procedures
- Keeping up on programming language standards and advances in application development
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field experience
- Certification in C++ is recommended
- 5+ years of experience as a C++ software developer
- Knowledge of C++ standards and specifications
- Familiarity with C++ compatible languages such as C, Java, and Python
- Extensive expertise in software deployment across several platforms and operating systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including report writing, presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other stakeholders