VisionSpace is a NewSpace company developing enterprise-grade solutions for satellite missions. We are a reliable and experienced partner for satellite and ground station monitoring and control systems, using automation and artificial intelligence.
VisionSpace is an engineering company with business in the space and cybersecurity industries, exploring the intersection between the two. The company develops activities across various domains ranging from operations, ground data systems, astrodynamics, ground stations and end-to-end engineering. Our motto is the sky’s the limit, space is only the beginning – we enable our customers the future of satellite operations by bringing automation and intelligence into autonomous systems.
We are looking for a Ground Data Systems Engineer to join the team that automates the integration and deployment of critical control systems for spacecraft operations and administers cloud-based IT systems and tools. The Engineer will support the team in the end-to-end system validation and verification of spacecraft monitoring and control systems within the development and operational environments. The successful candidate will have previous experience and success in similar roles within space and ground data systems. The right person is passionate about automation, scripting, and building infrastructure as code. Willingness to “roll up their sleeves” while simultaneously planning for scale is critical to success with this role!
At VisionSpace, we have a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture – we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day!
What you’ll be doing (job duties)
- Review and analyse product specifications and requirements Knowledgeable with CCSDS and ECSS standards
- Development and Maintenance of MDS (Mission Data Systems)
- Support to Mission’s critical activities
- Support MDS development lifecycle, in particular integration, deployment and testing phases
- Driving Proof of concept (POC) success within the engineering team and helping to accelerate development processes.
- Implement DevOps pipelines, which include test and validation
- Develop test plans and test cases according to specifications and requirements
- Develop, maintain and enhance test cases and environments for use by the test and operational teams.
- Define test scope, configurations, strategy and test cases based on technical specifications, product features and integration risk.
- Identify, analyse, triage and prioritise defects by working collaboratively with multiple teams.
- Support the coherent system and mission specific configuration of the different systems
- Verification of problem resolution after correction (patch, upgrade…)
- Complement, update, adapt existing generic mission representative test cases
- Design and document new test cases
- Design and execution of tests automation scenarios
- Create issues on failed tests
- Provide regular activity reports
What we look for in you (job requirements)
- A University degree or foreign equivalent in systems, computer, communication or electrical engineering or related discipline is required
- Four (4) years of experience in one of the ground segment areas: automation, monitoring & control or simulators.
- Proven expertise with one of the Ground Data System products (e.g. MICONYS Software Suite, SCOS-2000, EGS-CC, EGOS MPS, SIMSAT, highfly, FreeFlyer, Pleniter, or similar)
- Knowledge of applicable engineering and quality standards
- Knowledge of at least one programming and scripting language (bash, shell, C/C++, Java)
- Aspiration to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams and areas
- Ability to work independently, openness and reliability
- Proficiency in English, both in speech and writing