We ignite opportunity by enabling access to space
Mission Planning Engineer
We are looking for a MSc. or PhD. Software Engineer with some experience in Space Systems. As part of your role, you will be the prime support to the engineering and maintenance of the Mission Planning facility, but you also will provide some software engineering support to the rest of the facilities under the responsibility of the Mission Control Applications and Tools Team for one of our main customers – EUMETSAT.
What You’ll Do
Your main tasks are the support to activities in the domain of Mission Planning and Schedule Execution Components for the MTG Programme. The activities will focus primarily in the IVV aspects:
- Support to the integration, verification and validation testing of Mission Planning and Schedule execution components;
- Support to the review / update of test specifications with respect to Mission Planning and Schedule execution aspects;
- Support to the generation and maintenance of test procedures (including their automation) and test datasets for to the Mission Planning and Schedule Execution components;
- Support to test campaigns (MPS and Schedule execution test executions, TRRs, PTRs, TRBs, testing for correct implementation, etc.);
- Support to the analysis of test results and the generation / update of the VCD inputs and test report generation;
- Support to the anomaly / NCR process (generation, analysis, discussion, participation to ARB meetings, testing for correct implementation, etc.);
- Support to the installation and configuration of new deliveries
System Architectural Design
- Support to the maintenance and evolution of the system level design of Mission Planning and Schedule Execution components within the scope of the Ground Segment;
- Participation to any necessary meetings (technical reviews, scheduling meetings, progress meetings, coordination meetings, workshops, etc);
- Generation and updating of technical documents and knowledge base information;
What You’ll Need
1. System Development & Maintenance Skills
- 5+ years in the definition of SW requirements, architectural design, implementation and maintenance of Mission Planning & Schedule Execution Components in the context of Geostationary (GEO) space missions;
- Experience in performing schedule execution using a schedule execution component;
- Experience in performing the scheduling tasks using the MPS of the Ground Segment for GEO and/or LEO space missions.
2. Integration, Verification & Validation Skills
- 5+ years in IV&V activities
- Experinece in integration of MPS with Flight Dynamics and Schedule Execution / MCS
3. Software Technology Skills
- Experience in using DOORS
- Experience with Linux
About the Team
At VisionSpace, we ignite opportunity by enabling access to space. We take on big problems to help organizations operating satellites reliably & effectively.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.