Solving Problems With People
About the job
Vivid Technology are working with a UAE based client who are looking to hire a Senior Systems Architect (Director Level).
Responsible for the high-level architecture, detailed design, and advising on the implementation and delivery of software and hardware components to the wider system for the first development phase and next-generation modem products. Our client are looking for a real SATCOM Modems expert.
You will build and lead a team of Architects/System Engineers (hardware, software, waveform etc.)
- Engages and coordinates with various departments and stakeholders to identify concepts of use and requirements to articulate and formulate the modem system specifications;
- Work closely with the Program Director to complete the program on cost and schedule
- Develop concepts, products, and solutions for modem system and waveforms technologies
- Research and maintain market trends knowledge in the modems technologies and suggest product evolutions – optimization to satellite technology, functions, and topologies, small aperture terminal compliance, security, and anti-jamming features, etc.
- Support the development and implementation of modem products integration, validation, and testing strategy;
- Mentor junior and mid-level architects/engineers
- Report directly into CTO
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years Satellite Communications & RF
- Satellite modem technology expert
- 10+ years experience within Government/Defence/Military SATCOM
- Digital Signal Processing, and development on core components (DSP, ASIC, FPGA)
- Strong product development, test and validation knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- A highly innovative individual, exploring new ideas and ways of doing things
- Experience working with R&D, software, and hardware engineering teams
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to relocate to the UAE, Full relocation support provided as well as; Unrivalled career progression, Highly competitive salary, Benefits including private medical cover, up to 3 children’s school fees paid, annual bonus and the chance to work on cutting edge technology.
Full sponsorship is provided alongside a security clearance.
*N/B – Due to government restrictions, our client cannot hire US Citizens for this position.