Solving Problems With People
About the job
Are you a Senior Embedded Software Engineer based in Germany or the USA looking for a new challenge?
Do you enjoy working within the #Automotive Industry / #Aviation & Aerospace?
Then join us – and improve the digital world!
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be part of a close-knit team within the worldwide Software and Systems Group. You will help to develop and maintain cutting-edge and highly customized audio amplifier software for various OEMs that lead to unique and exciting experiences.
These solutions will involve a variety of technologies, including AutoSAR, CAN A2B, and Ethernet communications and built-in diagnostic protocols with the goal to deliver an exceptional experience to OEMs and their end customers.
- Working with the SW team to design, develop, and configure the full stack of AutoSAR components for amplifier software.
- Act as AutoSAR Subject Matter Expert (SME) for programs during architectural definition, design, reviews, integration and failure investigations.
- Provide AutoSAR technical leadership and mentoring / guidance for other software engineers
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other functional disciplines within and outside the division
Locations on offer:
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with an emphasis on software development for embedded systems
- 10+ years of experience developing software for real-time embedded systems for automotive OEMs in the domains such as AutoSAR, Ethernet, UDS, A2B including the expertise in using the involved industry-wide design and modelling tools
- Solid software development skills focused on software engineering best practices such as object-oriented designs, modularity, extensibility, reusability and maintainability
- Thorough knowledge in C/C++
- Ability to build comprehensive unit and system tests in software to verify implemented functions
- Strong motivation to work in worldwide distributed and cross-functional teams to work on challenging problems such as supporting project management, electrical, mechanical and quality engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to produce clear and concise technical software documentation
- Experienced in the areas of requirement management, problem definition, solution planning using industry-leading methods and tools
- Solid understanding of the need for industry software quality and agile development processes (e.g. SCRUM, CMMI, ASPICE)
- Prior experiences with the configuration/integration of 3rd party software layers into a pre-defined source code base
- Experience and familiarity with scripting or software modelling languages
- Ability to act as a software technical contact partner for internal and external customers is a plus
- Hardware Analysis: Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer
- Network & Protocol Analysis: CAN, Ethernet, UDS, A2B
- Software development: Debuggers, Emulators, Version Control and Bug Tracking Systems, Software Design and Modelling Tools
- Office Productivity: Microsoft Office Tools including Visio and Project
- Specific: DaVinci Developer & Configurator, CANdela, CANoe, CANanlyzer